ORA-PLUS® (Oral Suspending Vehicle)
A buffered suspending vehicle used for extemporaneous compounded oral, non-soluble (suspended), aqueous dosage preparations.
- Ora-Plus® may be used alone or in combination with other suspending vehicles.
- Ora-Plus® is buffered to a slightly acidic pH (4.2) to help maintain preparation stability.
- Numerous published stability indicating studies with BUD reference
- Ora-Plus® is formulated to retain its flavoring properties when diluted up to 50 % with water, syrups (Ora-Sweet/Ora-Sweet SF), and/or flavoring agents.
- Osmolality of approx. 230 mOsm/Kg.
- Recommend incorporating Bitter-Bloc™ Powder Concentrate (F0106) for blocking bitterness and negative flavor defects from numerous APIs to achieve optimal oral suspension palatability.
What is Bitter-Bloc™ Technology?
Bitter-Bloc™ is the next generation technology protein to block flavor defects Naturally. Introducing the solution to bitter and off-tasting oral preparations. Discover the endless possibilities to correct flavor defects in your compounded oral suspensions.
Other products on the market simply mask flavor defects, Bitter-Bloc™ blocks flavor defects from reaching taste receptors on the tongue to prevent the bitter molecules from binding with the receptor sites. In effect, it gives the product a cleaner taste. This allows formulators to use ingredients that meet consumer demand without compromising on taste. Bitter-Bloc™ works to eliminate bitter, salty, metallic, astringent, and general off-notes in a variety of oral formulations.